Sunday, October 22, 2017

Peek-A-Boo

Round 2 of formatting Exit The Skin Palace went slightly better.  

The first adventure of Monty, Dawn, Trista, Denny, and Splat is available here.

There is one place where an asterisk lays right on top of the paragraph below but if I tweak it -- all of a sudden a later chapter turns into Swiss cheese.  One of those poke your thigh bruise, and blood shoots out of a nostril conundrums.  

Funny anecdote: While tweaking and re-loading the Exit Word doc a gazillion times, I allowed myself to get distracted by multiple images of Veronica Lake.




Easy enough, sure.  But the fallout came in the form of uploading the Exit file onto The Lipless Gods page.  Meaning I obliterated the longstanding TLG upload.  

So, after making sure Exit was as hunky dory as possible, I poked around and around and around and around and finally found what I think is the latest-and-greatest-and-Grammarly-pureed TLG version.  God knows why I even freaked out.  The book hasn't been downloaded in months.  Still, you never know when guests might pop on in unexpectedly.  

I haven't written a solid word of fiction in nearly six weeks.  Even the back-to-the-notebook canoodling dried up once I started trying to get Exit up to snuff for the ebook-hurdles.  

Gotta do something that direction or I will start losing what's left of my sanity.  At least I'm not sick of Monty.  I was pretty sick of him after getting Surfer On The Drift done.  Maybe I'll take a whack at the outline for the third book - likely titled First Ghost On The Moon.  

Or maybe I'll just go back and ogle Veronica some more.  I might end up doing less damage that way.  










No comments:

Post a Comment